Sunday, December 15, 2013

El Sol

Hi all,
          Just finished this yesterday.  The location is down on the beach next to where I live, Garryvoe.  The tide was way out and the sun was casting long shadows from the rock formations there.  I used quite a bit of artistic licence in the colour scheme; much bluer tones over on the right side, a fair bit of magenta and brown put in the shadows to make them look warmer and more vibrant.  The black crack running down the lower middle of the board is one of those small puddles you see on beaches between the low ridges on the sand.  I thought it broke up the reflection of the sun in an interesting way.  The title of the piece is in Spanish, cos I've a good few sun pictures and I needed something new for this one.

1 comment:

  1. lovely man, really like those hues. actually makes me think of megaliths, Im so Megalithic mad any sunset/sunrise makes me think of them ;)

    ReplyDelete