Friday, December 13, 2013

Red Cloud


 20 x 12 digitally painted disposable pen sketch

I've been doing a bit of reading lately about the history of some
of the original North Americans. Usually I like to sketch out something
related to what I am perusing so I have done a quick rendering of Red Cloud,
a Sioux war leader who took charge of the allied indian forces from 1866
 to 1868 in their campaign against the Bozeman trail and Fort Phil Kearny.
Afterward Red Cloud became a champion of peace and an able and 
unscrupulous politician who always managed to stay on top despite 
endless government policy changes.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus Kev you're the only posting lately, nice work man, the native american history is always sad to read, if ya feel like a good cry you should read black elk speaks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I havent heard of him, but sounds like I should have. Always been meaning to read more about the native Americans. Nice markmaking, especially in the hair

    ReplyDelete